The ACT is a tool utilized by college admissions officers to assess the college-preparedness of students continuing their studies after high school. The test is administered six times during the academic year: September, October, December, February, April, and June.
The ACT consists of four sections: Math, English, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing section. Students are required to sign up and pay for their preferred testing date(s) at the website www.act.org.
If you have created an account on www.act.org and are experiencing login issues, this guide is for you. It will show you how to access the website and how to solve some of the most commonly experienced ACTStudent login problems.
ACTStudent Login Step-by-Step Walkthrough
Follow these five easy steps to log in to your ACTStudent account from a computer.
1. Go to www.act.org.
2. Find the “Sign In” link.
3. When you click on this link, you will be presented with two options (i.e. ACT Test: Create Account or Sign In and All Other Products Sign Ins.
4. Click on the “ACT Test: Create Account or Sign In” link to access the login page.
5. Enter your ACT Student user ID and password in the provided fields.
6. Lastly, hit the “Sign In” button.
ACTStudent Mobile Login Walkthrough
Mobile device users should follow these steps to access their accounts from their mobile devices.
1. Go to www.act.org.
2. Click on the menu button in the top right corner of your screen.
3. There are different options behind the menu button (i.e. Products, Research, Contact and Sign In). Select “Sign In.”
4. When you click on this link, you will be presented with two options. These ACT Test: Create Account or Sign In and All Other Products Sign Ins.
5. Select “ACT Test: Create Account or Sign In” link to access the login page.
6. Type your ACT Student username and password in the provided fields.
7. Finally, tap the “Log In” tab to get to your account.
ACTStudent Mobile Login Walkthrough for Apple Devices
1. Go to the App Store and search for the ACT Online Prep application.
2. Download the app then install it.
3. Open the application to access the login page.
4. Enter your ACT Student user ID in the first field.
5. Type your password in the next field.
6. Tap the gray “Submit” button to reach your ACT Student account.
The ACT Online Prep app requires iOS 8.0 or higher and is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad running.
ACTStudent Mobile Login Walkthrough for Android Devices
1. Visit Play Store and find the ACT Online Prep application.
2. Install the app then launch it.
3. On the home page, type your user ID and password.
4. Complete the login process by pressing the gray button marked “Submit.”
The application requires Android 4.0 or higher.
ACTStudent Login Possible Issues
In case you lose your ACT Student user ID or password, go to the login page and click the “Forgot user ID/Forgot Password” link. Follow the on-screen instructions to create new login credentials.
If you are experiencing other problems while signing in to your ACT Student account, try these troubleshooting tips:
• Add www.act.org to your browser’s list of allowed sites.
• Use an updated version of your browser to reach your account.
Quick and Useful Information
For other login issues, please go to the FAQ section for help. Alternatively, you can talk to a customer care representative at (319) 337-1270 or start a live chat with ACT Student support.