*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Government Employees Insurance Company, Inc. (GEICO) is an auto insurance firm based in Chevy Chase, Maryland. It is the 2nd largest auto insurer in the U.S. GEICO has a total revenue of $9.212 billion and houses more than 30,000 employees. The insurance company sells its policies to consumers through its website, local agents, and over the phone. This detailed guide is geared towards helping customers with the GEICO login procedure.
GEICO Login Step-by-Step Walkthrough
Follow these steps to log into your account through a desktop PC or laptop.
1. Launch your computer’s web browser and navigate to GEICO’s official website.
2. Once you have reached the homepage, find the ‘Login link.’ It is in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Hover the cursor over the link to access the GEICO login form.
4. Choose your policy type then enter your user ID/email/policy number in the first empty slot.
5. Enter your password in the second slot.
6. Tick the ‘Remember me’ checkbox if you want your browser to remember your login details.
7. Lastly, click on the ‘Login’ button to access your account.
Note: For security reasons, you should not tick the remember me checkbox if you are accessing your GEICO account from a public network or a shared computer.
GEICO Mobile Login Walkthrough
GEICO customers can also access their accounts via their mobile devices. They can either download the GEICO mobile app and use it to log into their accounts or log in via their mobile device browsers. Here are the steps you need to follow to access your account via a mobile device.
1. Launch your mobile device browser and visit GEICO’s mobile optimized website.
2. On the homepage, find the GEICO login link. The link is located on the top-right side of the page.
3. Click on the link to reveal the login form.
4. Choose your policy type then key in your user ID/email/policy number in the first empty slot.
5. In the second field, key in your password.
6. Check the ‘Remember me’ box if you want the browser to store your login details.
7. Finally, click on the ‘Login’ in button to reach your account’s dashboard.
GEICO Mobile Login Walkthrough for Apple Devices
As mentioned earlier, customers can access their accounts through the GEICO mobile application. This section will outline the steps for logging into the platform via the mobile app for Apple devices.
1. Visit App Store using your Apple device and find the GEICO Mobile app.
2. Install the application on your device then launch it.
3. On the home page, open the drop-down list and select your policy type.
4. In the first empty field, provide your policy number, email address or user ID.
5. In the next blank field, enter your GEICO password.
6. You can check the ‘Remember me’ checkbox if you want your device to store your credentials.
7. Click on the ‘LOG IN’ link to access your account.
GEICO Mobile Login Walkthrough for Android Devices
1. Head to Play Store using your smartphone or tablet and search for the GEICO Mobile app.
2. Install the GEICO app on your Android device then launch it.
3. On the login page, open the drop-down menu and choose your policy type.
4. Enter your policy number, email address or user ID, in the first blank field.
5. Type your password in the second empty field.
6. Place a tick on the ‘Remember me’ checkbox to have your details stored on your device.
7. Tap the ‘LOG IN’ option to complete the process.
GEICO Login Possible Issues
You may notice a blank screen when accessing the GEICO login page. This happens when you are using an outdated browser version to reach the website. GEICO recommends that you use the following browser versions; Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Google Chrome 26 or higher, Firefox 21 or higher or Safari 5 or higher. Also, do not use beta versions of any browser as the GEICO website does not support them.
To recover a forgotten password, click on the appropriate link located in the login menu. You will then be guided through the password recovery procedure.
Quick and Useful Information
If you encounter other problems while accessing your account, please visit the GEICO contact and support page for help.